Friday, 26 October 2012

Lolita Blog Carnival: Your Style Outside of Lolita


Yay, it's time for my first ever Lolita Blog Carnival participation! This is week 5: Your Style Out of Lolita! I'm so happy I was accepted; I thought because I also blog about other Japanese fashion styles, crafts and geeky stuff, I might not be considered "primarily Lolita" in terms of my blog.

Anyway, let's get cracking! Well, my style outside of Lolita is still almost 100% alternative compared to what you see on the streets. I found Goth fashion when I was 11 and Lolita when I was 13 so since then I've been trying to build a wardrobe up of solely Lolita stuff I can wear to meets, conventions and just when I feel like getting extra frilly and everyday clothing items that are still alternative, different from what you see in the mainstream and still cute or edgy!

Here are a few photos of my style out of Lolita!

Shopping in Derby with a friend and general errand running on the right

General errand running and going to lunch with Rob's parents

A bit cuter on the left and a bit gothier on the right! I pull the derpiest faces ever... >_<

Lookbook entry for a meal with Rob

Gyaru style for a J-fashion meet to Alton Towers and punky errand running

Meeting my Japanese friend Hinako at Oxford

So I still try to be cute in everyday dress but sometimes I feel like being a bit edgy Goth or a bit punkier, etc.! I have one of me Cyber Goth style but I can't find it at the moment! >_<;

A lot of people ask me where I get my clothes and almost 100% of the time, it's online and second hand! I am soooo cheap when it comes down to it - the pink and black lace cutsew I got on eBay for £7.99 from China, the black fluffy skirt is from a Chinese seller on eBay for an awesome £3, I made the punky vest top myself from a Primark one, the gingham high-collared cutsew was £10 from a girl on Facebook, the Demonia Emily flatforms were £17.99 from eBay, the pink asymmetrical tartan Hell Bunny skirt was less than £10, etc. etc.! I have found some amazing deals because I refuse to pay more. I have a pair of 8 inch transmuter boots from eBay that I won for £30 and retail at at least £120, a Mercy dress that is around £45 that I got for under £10 and I once won a necklace from China for 20p!

That's not to say I am totally against buying new clothes or from anywhere other than eBay! I paid around £50 for that black ripped top from Heavy Red, then discovered you can get them on eBay for £10. I still prefer mine because Heavy Red make some gorgeous things! The pink and black heart Hell Bunny skirt was £17.99 new, the Alice in Wonderland skirt was £20 and the purple halterneck dress was £30. I've also paid £50 for Iron Fist shoes too!

So, what are my favourite brands outside of Lolita? I really like Hell Bunny and Criminal Damage, but only items from around 2 years ago at the earliest. The stuff they bring out now just pander to the emo/scene/rockabilly/HxC mainstream alternative fashion and it's not my cup of tea. I love Iron Fist shoes, Gyaru brands like Glad News, Tutuha, DreamV, Cecil McBee, Jesus Diamante, La Parfait and Liz Lisa but other than that, I'm not really into brands. I really love cheap, offbrand Chinese clothes like the stores you find on Taobao and eBay! That's where I bought the black chiffon sheer blouse, pink and black lace cutsew, black fluffy skirt and more recently 9 pairs of tights for £13.

Welp, I'm not quite sure what else to say about my style outside of Lolita! Oh, maybe people that inspire my fashion? Adora Batbrat, definitely! She has a gorgeous Gothy look that is still cute and princessy! I also love Emilie Autumn, Nana Kitade, Sakurina and Arika Takarano.

So there you have it! In short, I still want my everyday fashion style to be a little dressy, cute and different! There are days I just wear jeans and a t-shirt but only around the house, I'm afraid! Here are all the other lovely bloggers participating this week, please check out their posts! If you blog about Lolita, don't hesitate to join the Lolita Blog Carnival Facebook group and apply!



What is the Lolita Blog Carnival? Put simply, it's a group of Lolita blogger enthusiasts and each week, a different topic is selected by a vote and wrote about! You can opt in or out for weeks and it's a great excuse to keep blogging if you get writer's block or are unmotivated! Click the LBC photo to jump to the Facebook page and apply!

9 comments:

  1. I like your style a lot! It's gothy but cute too. I can definitely see influence from Nana Kitade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sapphira! Yes, Nana was my first inspiration that got me into Lolita fashion other than manga!

      Delete
  2. You look so girly outside of lolita too. I'm so not like that at all. I love your hair, it looks very healthy too.
    I also wear a lot of black so i can relate to that part of your wardrobe. I'm also quite cheap when it comes to regular clothes but i've been thinking about changing that a bit.
    I loved the post, thanks for sharing!
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, thanks a lot! ^///^ I try to dress nicely and prettily whenever I can, I find it boring otherwise, heh heh!

      Yeah, I have to wear black to feel comfortable lol! I want to wear more colours though, like brown and pink together; I hope the brown makes the outfit "dark" enough for me to still feel comfortable!

      Delete
    2. I know exactly what you mean! I used to be completely unable to wear any color but black. I can now use a colored piece here and there and have even ventured into wearing ivory outfits or something like that. Once you get the hang of it, you'll actually feel releaved to be wearing other colors. ^^

      Delete
  3. I find your style outside of Lolita really interesting. You seem to wear a lot of purple too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I do try to keep it interesting! I get lots of lovely compliments from people which keeps me motivated! And purple used to be my favourite colour ever ever ever so it obviously still lingers!

      Delete
  4. Mmhm! I can definitely see the Nana Kitade influence! You pull off punk rock with such elegance, not a lot of people can do that. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, thank you very much! You're very kind to say so! ^////^

      Delete